Tips and Tricks for getting your home ready for the Holidays!
The Holidays are upon us and we are well on our way, into the home run stretch. Prepping and executing can be stressful and often the joy of the season is lost momentarily. With a little planning, you too can be enjoying the holidays again with friends and loved ones in the comfort of your own home.
- Clean and declutter the areas guest will see. You can use a laundry basket or rubber made container, to collect the extra stuff and hide it in a closet.
- Don’t forget the front porch… and first impressions. A cute little Christmas mat can be added, remove the dirt and leaves left from the fall and add a nice decorative wreath.
- Use seasonal scents in the home; a nice stove top scent or delightful scented candle are a warm welcome.
- Build a fire in the fireplace.
- Clean the floors, stovetop and fridge
- Prepping for an overnight guest can be made fun with a mini toiletries in case they forget something and a fun towel and washcloth that is a holiday design so they can easily identify their own.
- Lastly, stop aiming for perfection!!
Enjoy your time with loved ones. In a blink of an eye, the Holidays will be over and the New Year will be in full swing. 2017 will be just a memory. Thanks for continued support, referrals and business in 2017!
The Parsons Real Estate Team
*If you have any Tips you want to share with us we would love to hear them.